I look forward to your comments and suggestions. This is a very rough draft of what I was thinking.
Step One-Plan with everyone in mind
- Form a committee and present proposal to help support stakeholder buy in
- Survey Teachers on comfortability with instruction online
- Survey Parents to identify their technology capabilities at home-internet and devices available.
- Committee will review and analyze results from surveys.
Step Two-Investigate Platforms for Station Rotation, Flipped Classroom, and Individualized Homework
- Committee will review current online platforms teachers have access to that are part of curriculum subscriptions.
- Review these platforms capability of meeting the requirements of the blended learning program.
- Investigate other platforms such as Istation, IXL, and Reasoning Minds
- Grade levels served
- Device compatibility
Step Three-Present findings to Principal and Business Manager
- Committee will discuss the platforms we are proposing to use.
- Case Studies
- Cost, if any
Step Four-Create presentation for teachers
- Presentation will include benefits of blending learning.
- Demonstrate the use of the selected platforms.
- Presentation will feature a Q&A session.
- Evaluation tool of presentation from teachers.
Step Five-Parent and Community Meeting
- A parent meeting will be conducted to inform them of the blended learning program.
- Benefits will be discussed as well as prospective results.
- Q&A session will be held during parent meeting.
Step Six- Choose Pilot Grade Levels
- STAAR testing grades will pilot the program in Math and Reading.
Step Seven-Begin Program
- Students will take assessments to determine individualized paths.
- Begin Station Rotation in Daily and Friday RTI time.
- Use platform to assign student instruction via videos.
Step Eight-Monitor and Differentiate
- Monitor student progress from individualized reports.
- Assist teachers with differentiating instructional activities.
- Assess students with bi-weekly CBA’s.
- Send home bi-weekly progress reports from individualized learning reports.
- Report findings to Principal.